maandag 14 juli 2014

Heart of the matter

I cannot remember ever recording a song about a bad situation that became worse before the song was released, but it is happening right now. For The Rocket Swing album, I wrote one about the long lasting troubles in Israel/Palestine, the region where once a man brought a message of peace. I am not much of a believer, but I take that message seriously. Like the person in a demonstration against the war in Iraq who carried a sign that read: “Which word in thou shalt not kill did you not understand?” I am appalled how many people in high places with blood on their hands claim to be Christians.
I know this is supposed to be a happy blog about the making of an album, but I just had to write this. The heart of the matter is a matter of the heart. And it is not and it is never too late to start.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten