zondag 22 juni 2014

Acadian Driftwood

We have been hiking Nova Scotia trails after working on the Rocket Swing album. Wonderful scenery at Cape Breton and the Bay of Fundy. We went to a place called Driftwood Beach and of course it made me think of great Canadian music from the past. At the very moment I was there, my Dutch friends played a Woodstock revival show at home featuring one of my favorites, The Band. One of their songs is called Acadian Driftwood. And what are my songs but driftwood, fragments of music, washed ashore in the mind of this Dutch poet in a Canadian dream, who owes big to artists like Neil Young and The Band.
Now that my visit to Nova Scotia is coming to an end, the time has come to thank the people who made my dream come true. Dale Murray who produced The Rocket Swing, recorded it and played on it. Brain Murray played the drums. Christina Martin sang some great vocals. And the album has some surprise appearances.
Dale and Christina were also our wonderful hosts, who lend me and my wife their country home, amidst the bears and the deer. We had so much adventures in such a short time that it will take a while to let it all sink in. But I will have a great album to show for it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten