zondag 27 april 2014

The Notebook



Where does a new album start? With songwriting, of course. And in my case it starts with words and ideas scribbled in a notebook. Once in a while I browse the pages, combine words and sentences and start a train of thought that ends up as a lyric. I pick up my guitar or my banjo and usually some melody and chords will surface and behold: a song is born. For the Rocket Swing album I did something very daring. I made the arrangements and set a recording date when I had about four songs more or less ready. And in a few months I wrote six more and I must say I am quite happy with the results. Now this may not sound as a big feat to you. But I am a slow writer and very critical of the results, so I am kind of proud of myself.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten